June 13, 2011

Popcorn cake

Bag of popcorn anyone? Bet you’d like this kind! Of course, the ‘bag’ is made of cake, vanilla pound, with vanilla buttercream. But the popcorn is actual popcorn covered in white chocolate candy melts! Ya… yum. The reason I covered it in chocolate was to get larger clusters to stick on the cake, or else I’d have a bunch of loose popcorn.

Oh and there’s those great “food writers” (edible markers)… Love them!!!

Tip:
If you’re making a larger cake and can’t fit it on a plate and don’t want to spend money on those expensive silver cake boards do what I do. I get foam board from the Dollar store and cover it. You could cover it with tin foil, but I don’t like how easily tin foil can rip, and you might end up serving some with your cake. So I use disposable plastic table cloths. You know the ones you buy to decorate your table for a party that gets full of salsa and cracker crumbs and you throw away? Well, I have a giant roll… it’s cheap and food safe! Plus, I love wrapping… so it’s like wrapping a gift each time… kind of appropriate right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails