June 13, 2011

iCarly

Don’t you just love those fun, bright colors? There’s something about this cake that just makes me happy. Maybe it’s because I would have LOVED a cake like this when I was younger? Maybe I would love it now! All the same, I think it’s just so fun. My client sent me a photo of a cake she liked and asked me to make it the top tier of a 2 tier cake. I had to make a few modifications but in the end the birthday girl did love it, and that’s what’s most important to me! The cake is vanilla pound, covered in buttercream and fondant and decorated with fondant accents.

Tip:
Want to know how to easily get a scalloped edge on the bottom of a cake? Get a round cookie cutter, cut out some fondant circles, then cut those in half with a pizza roller and tada…. Put them side by side along the base of the cake. What a nice neat border, and you didn’t have to spend any money on fancy tools!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails