June 18, 2011

Evan's Baptism

Here’s a simple 2 tiered chocolate pound baptism cake.  Bottom tier is 8” top tier is 6”. The name is piped with royal icing and the cross is made of fondant. A nice sleek simple design, that I may be duplicating for our little guys baptism, coming up in a few weeks. The heat gave me a bit of a hard time with this cake, but in the end I’m pleased with how it turned out.

Tip:
If you want to add a fondant bead border roll out the fondant flat (and even) and use a shape cutter (I use a small quarter inch pansy flower cutter). Cut out as many as possible. Then take the ‘pansies’ and roll them into balls. This will ensure a consistent sized bead to border your cake.  That said, I used my new bead mold for this cake… LOVE it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails