June 13, 2011

Over the Hill (40)

Here’s my take on the many possibilities/versions of the over the hill cakes circulating on the web. The cake is covered in buttercream and the signs are made of fondant. Did you know that edible markers exist? (the ink is edible, not the marker. J ) I love that I can actually write on a cake and you can eat it and it’s safe! It’s probably one of my most favorite tools right now.

I’ve been asked a few times for tips/techniques, etc… I figured that I’d start offering tips I learnt or my favorites from each cake, for those who might like to know.

Tip:
The grass on this cake was made with tip #233. It’s probably one of my most favorite icing tips because you can make things look so realistic, like grass, or hair on a person cake, or fur on an animal cake or even a shag rug! J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails