November 12, 2010

Pizza Anyone?

I think my husband enjoyed the research for this cake. In fact, we ordered pizza for supper to get me in the proper 'frame of mind'... if it only worked the same for let's say a tropical cake... I'd love to do my research somewhere south! :)

I was asked for a pizza cake. No additional details other than chocolate cake. I searched through many examples and learnt about what I liked and didn't like. So here's what I came up with. Oh and I'm a believer of giving credit, when credit is due... the table cloth idea was my husbands, and I must say it does add a little extra something to the whole cake.

Details:
14" Chocolate fudge cake, covered in vanilla buttercream. The "sauce" is thin red chocolate ganache. The Cheese is grated marshmallow fondant melted with my heat gun. The peppers are chocolate. The mushrooms, olives, and pepperoni are all fondant also given a little texture with my heat gun. (Marshmallow fondant + heat gun = toasted marshmallows = yum!)



1 comment:

Hollee said...

Kim - this cake RAWKS!!! I'm totally living vicariously through you :) and I adore the table cloth idea! Very smart guy you have there! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails