November 10, 2010

Boy Oh Boy

Boy oh boy is right... This cake has an entire story of it's own. As I was loading it in the truck the top tier decided it would look better smashed into our backseat. I don't know how I did it, but I rushed inside, assessed the damage and realized that if I scraped all the buttercream off, the cake was ok. It was more surface damage than anything. So that's what I did. Delivering the cake had to be the most stressful trip. I brought my equipment with me in case I'd have to do emergency cake surgery on the seen. Lucky for me, take 2 held together and looked pretty good at the shower. The clients seemed very pleased with the cake, which is all that matters in the end. Bottom tier is vanilla pound, middle is fake, top is chocolate fudge. The letters were rice krispy treats covered in fondant. I think my heart will always skip a beat when I look at this photo!

1 comment:

Hollee said...

OMG I would have died!!! Great save!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails