May 6, 2010

Technology...

Do you have any idea how dependent we are on technology? I knew I was to some degree... but Tuesday night my laptop died. The laptop that holds my recipes, my flavors list, my photos, my database, my calendar/schedule, my e-tickets for our flight to Florida... oh the list goes on. A part of me died along with that laptop. Luckily my husband is a partial techy... and has techy friends and they are on a mission to recover as much as possible. My first reaction was frustration, anger, panic. Now while I'm still angry and a little panicked, I'm more in the withdrawl stage. I swear I'm shaking because I can't get to certain files. It certainly tought me a valuable lesson. BACK UP. Luckily I did back up a few months ago, so the loss isn't as substantial BUT every single one of my orders is on that machine and partially in my head. I'm jotting them down in my daytimer as I remember them... I'm hoping that by the weekend I'll at least have my calendar recovered. 2nd lesson, don't put all your eggs in 1 basket. It's encouraged me to create a more organizd system to keep track of my orders. While I'd like to save the planet from wasted paper, I think I'll be printing orders and filing them away. I tried relying on technology, but after this incident, I think I'll use technology, but always have Plan B in motion...

Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails