February 27, 2010

Mia's Cake

It's not often that I get to make a cake that I also get to cut into. I started working on the pieces of this cake about a week ago. I then spent 2 nights assembling and a morning to add the final touches. All to be cut into pieces and devoured within minutes. What's funny is that others seem to have such a hard time with it when I don't. While I LOVE decorating cakes, the purpose of a cake is for it to be eaten. So for me, the exciting part is to hear people say how yummy the cake is.

This was a chocolate fudge cake with vanilla buttercream. Pay close attention to the final photo with Mia in it, look at her fingers. When I brought it our for her to blow the candle she accidentally put her hand in the grass, I told her to lick her finger, WELL, next think you know she was scooping up the grass and inhaling it! While she liked the cake, her reaction when we sang happy birthday was priceless. Part of that is also captured in the last photo. Everything except for the pillars is edible.

From my cakes

From my cakes

From my cakes

From my cakes

From my cakes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails