February 7, 2010

Girly Cougar

I was asked to do a Cougar cake. When I was first asked, I secretly hoped I could talk the client out of the idea and sway him to something else. As I began to plan the cake I got really excited. It was going to push me out of my comfort zone for sure, but I LOVE a challenge. I planned this cake for many days and started assembling the small pieces slowly. It ended up including many firsts for me. It was the first time I worked with Rice Krispy treats. (the cougars head and the bottom layer of him are made of rice Krispie treats) It was only my second time covering a cake in fondant. It was my first time making a 'purse' cake. It was the first time I'd tried to carve an animal (at least to this degree). It was a challenge. In the end, I'm very pleased with certain elements and discouraged over others. I learned A LOT and I now know how to tackle similar projects in the future.

Here it is. Many hours of work, in 1 cake.

From my cakes

Now let's hope the birthday girl and client like it!

1 comment:

chloe angel said...

Wow. You have really outdone yourself!! I love it. Can't wait to see it in person. Will let you know the reaction!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails