September 18, 2009

Balloons!

I'm so SUPER pleased with this cake. I did do something I said I would never do, but at the end of the day, it doesn't even bother me! A lady wanted a gender neutral cake for her granddaughters first birthday. Apparently she loves balls and balloons so she wanted that theme somehow carried through. I figured since the 1 year old would be eating some of this cake that I wanted to keep it simple using only buttercream. I also wanted to have some balloons "popping out" of the cake and didn't want to waste fondant for that. (I just wasn't charging enough to make them out of fondant) So...that's when I tapped back into my scrapbooking self, and called upon my lovely friend, Mr. Cricut. I asked him for some balloons and sure enough, he cut them out for me. I think it turned out really fun, and I'm very excited for the client to see it! I also added 3 more balloons on the top tier with the Happy Birthday greeting.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails