June 6, 2010

Animal farm Birthday

This cake was for my daughters "best friend" at least that's what her mom and I are hoping for. :) Anja is the true farmers daughter... she loves animals and doesn't mind throwing on her boots to go trucking through whatever it is, to explore, and get her hands dirty. My daughter couldn't be more opposite. She seems almost allergic to dirt, getting a speck on herself and throwing the biggest tantrum. That said, they get together and play and hug, and really seem to enjoy each others company. Maybe some of that fun, rustic, roll around in the dirt attitude will rub off on Mia some. Anyways... when Ellen asked me to make Anja a cake, right away I knew I wanted to make a farm. After looking at a few ideas this is what I came up with. Absolutely everything you see is edible, and I think the girls did a good job at eating a bit of everything too. Anja had the cow first, then she gave the pig to Mia. Then they each had a piece of cake. The top of the barn is rice krispy squares. I'm not sure they ate any of that. :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails