April 30, 2010

Fisherman Cake

It's super late so this is going to be a quick post BUT I had to post because I'm so excited. I've been talking about make a lightbox for a while now. Something that I could take photos of my cakes in so that they turn out better. We had the perfect box aside but I just never did it...well tonight I decided to do it since I have so many cakes this weekend and while I still need to play with it some, I'm SUPER pleased with the outcome. All of the following photos were taken inside my lightbox.

As for the cake, it's fudge marble with chocolate buttercream covered in fondant with fondant and modelling chocolate accents. The boat is chocolate the man is fondant. The client ordered this cake for her father's 70th. She specified that he would go fishing in jogging pants and a tshirt, with a pack of blue cigarette's in his breast pocket and wore a knights of columbus ball cap. I tried to do it justice. :) Happy Friday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails