November 5, 2009

Healthy Brownies...

While I'm in the works of trying to include 100% Organic cakes on my list of available "flavours", I've been experimenting with "low fat" or hidden ingredient mixes as well. I've been reading the recipe book, "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfield, and while I consider 2 of the recipes I've tried from the book as flops, I do intend on trying a few more. That said I came across a fantastic blog the other day. It's a weight watchers recipe blog, but essentially it's healthy, yummy recipes for anyone to try.

http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/

I tried the Black bean brownie recipe found here:

Black Bean Brownies

I know it totally sounds weird, and I was completely skeptical myself. But OH MY GAWSH. These are pretty darn good. I think I could taste a hint of the bean while they were still warm, but this morning I had some with my vanilla yogurt for breakfast and they were delicious. They're fudgy and gooey and chocolaty and yummy yummy yummy! I highly recommend trying these as a healthy dessert. I think I might try a triffle with these. Imagine, low fat whip cream, berries and these brownies. Who can go wrong with that???

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails