November 9, 2009

Chocolate wrapped, chocolate fudge, Rocky Road cake

I love receiving different request for cakes. Characters, themes, sizes, etc. It's all a challenge for me and some of my most favorite cakes were ones that I would have never done, had I not received the order. That said, from time to time, I enjoy getting a "do what you wish" kind of order. In this case, it was for my husband to bring to a coworker for her birthday. Even better, since that gang is willing to try anything I do, good or bad. So, I thought about different creations I've had on my mind and came up with this idea:

Pink and brown cake (sophisticated girly since it was for a woman's birthday)
fondant flowers
chocolate wrap
New filling

With all of that in mind, I baked a chocolate fudge cake, filled it with Rocky Road filling, covered it in Pink buttercream and then attemted the 'chocolate wrap'. It actually worked fairly well. Yes, I was surprised. I then made fondant flowers and used chocolate chips for their centers. :) The only thing I wish I did differently was added a ribbon around the bottom of the cake. I could have done that with fondant. All that said, for trying a few new things, I was quite pleased. Hopefully it tasted just as good!!!

From my cakes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails