December 13, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup Cake

What's in the making of a chicken noodle soup to feed 200? Well 162 red squares, some fondant carrots, peas, noodles and chicken, a little yellow rock candy, 4 12x12 cakes and a few other details to finish it off. I accepted this order, with the help of my husband, who offered to be my assistant. We had date night, on a Saturday night...he rolled the red fondant while I cut it. We had date night Sunday night too... he put the glue on those red squares while I stuck them on the cake. I know... we're so romantic. :)

The cake is vanilla pound cake, covered in vanilla buttercream. Then covered in fondant. Everything is handmade of fondant. The soup bowl has a rice krispie base covered in fondnat and the rock candy. While this was time consuming, it was a lot of fun. And was nice to spend time with the hubby... even though I'm not used to having someone question my EVERY move. :)


These are fondant noodles, chicken, carrots and peas - for the soup. My daughter wasn't impressed that I used her plate. :)

Here's the final product, with a few closeups:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails