March 24, 2010

The making of MY cake...

What does a person like I do when it's time for my birthday? My husband was going to pick up a grocery store cake. I was shocked by that. I mean seriously? Am I not worth a kdfCREATION cake? I then insisted I make my own. I was really excited. This is my chance to do a cake for ME. Whatever I want. Whatever flavor I want. So I looked, and I looked, and I looked for ideas. I looked at so many cakes, what I liked, didnt' like, what was me, what wasn't. I narrowed it down to 8 choices...then I decided to take the elements from those 8 cakes and sketch out a cake for me. That's how this cake sketch was born (on my 5th sketch attmept)


I know it's kind of tough to see. It's going to be fun bright colors, with flowers, stripes and I'm even going to try and get a scrapbook-y feel in there. I'm just hoping I can pull it off, since I do have a few more cake orders to fullfill. It's coming along though... here are some of the accessories.... Stay tuned for the final product...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails