January 27, 2010

Cakes...

I have a couple of cakes in the coming days. I keep meaning to make a peanut butter cake for Paul (My husband) to take to work but when I get home, play with Mia...I just get lazy and haven't made it. That said I have a GREAT idea for the cake. I want to make a 'box' of cupcakes. The box and the cupcakes will all be cake. I can see it in my mind, now I just need to execute it. :) I need to find some styrofoam board. Something like an inch thick... I'd like a sheet of it. Have you ever seen anything like that? I'm positive it must exist somewhere...I think. :)

So, cake number 2 is a cake from my "Cake Sampler" series. It's going to be a 2 tiered anniversary cake in white, pink and black. I'm really looking forward to it. This is going to be the strawberry yogurt with whipped cream cheese frosting. Yum. :) I start baking tonight and I'll also be making the flowers for the cake. :) Tomorrow is assembly.

I also have a cake for Monday. It too is from the Sampler series. It's an "I'm BACK" sort of cake. :) My friend is returning to work after 1 year on maternity leave. This is to ease herself back in. Cake is always a great tool for that. This is going to be a square cake covered in fondant flowers.

Stay tuned, there should be lot's of activity on here in the next few days!

Tootles Poodles!

(I have to share a little story... I'm always one to say Later gator. Well the other night I was chatting with a friend and she responded with Tootles Poodles... to some, it's just a saying, to me, it's the cutest farewell greeting I've EVER heard. That is SO going to be my 'sign off' from now on! Thanks Chris!!!!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails