May 15, 2011

Kate's wedding...

You may have heard me say before NO WEDDINGS. I do mean that - sort of. Although you may believe it, I get very nervous with my cakes. I'm not a professional and get nervous over every single cake I make. Now, imagine if the cake is for the most important day of someone's life. I can't help but realize I could ruin someone's day if the cake didn't turn out... or fell... or didn't meet expectations. SO... I've done a few weddings but only for select few.

This wedding cake was for a repeat customer, sort of. I'd done a cake for the brides mother's cousin. Then for the brides mother's birthday. And finally the bride asked for me to do her cake. The reason I accepted is because the top and bottom tiers of the cake were fake. MUCH less damage can be done to a fallen piece of styrofoam. :) She ordered 7 quarter slabs of lemon pound cake filled with lemon filling and covered in lemon buttercream to feed her guests. The middle tier is real for cutting the cake. The bride was a DELIGHT to work with! Thanks Kate! All the best to you both!

Slabs ready for delivery:

Wedding cake:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails