October 22, 2010

Merry Birthday

A very special woman in my extended family... ok maybe not really family, but she cares for my daughter 5 days/week, listens to me complain about my day nearly every night and is willing to give advice on any little question I have, so that's pretty close to family! ANYWAYS... it was her birthday. She's a lovely lady who's OBSESSED with Christmas. How obsessed, well I'm pretty sure her ringer on her phone got switched to Jingle bells in early September. I know I've arrived many evenings and heard Christmas music on in the background and my 2 year old completely understands Christmas, Christmas tree, Santa, and I'm quite sure knows a few Christmas songs. Well when her husband asked for a cake he suggested doing it in her favorite theme. Since she's also a singer we thought it would be fun to have her family caroling. I made a snowman for each member of her family. Let me tell you, I'm pretty sure she loved it. :) Wanna know how great she is? My 2 year old came with me to deliver the cake and kept asking for a piece...within 5 minutes of us arriving she had torn off a pompom from a hat for my daughter to have. Cake was a chocolate fudge pound filled with mocha buttercream and covered in vanilla buttercream. Snowmen are made from fondant.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails